We may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your Personal Data we will notify you by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your account. However you should review this policy on a regular basis to check for any changes made to it.
9. Access to your Personal Data
If you would like to access a copy of any Personal Data which we hold about you, please send a request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you follow a link to any external web links mentioned throughout a Site, please note that these external websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
7. Transfer of personal data outside the UK
We are based in the UK and we only use servers located within the UK. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice
6. User-to-user communication and sharing
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users.
We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users and to restrict or suspend your account if we determine, to our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary to enforce our Terms and Conditions.
We cannot guarantee that other users will not use the ideas and information that you share to and/or through our Services. Therefore, if you have an idea or information that you would like to keep confidential or don’t want others to use, or that is subject to third party rights that may be infringed by your sharing it, do not post it to and/or through our Services. We are not responsible for another’s misuse or misappropriation of any content or information you post.
5. Confidentiality and security
- Your Personal Data is stored in electronic and physical records maintained by us and / or our service providers.
- The security of all personally identifiable information associated with you is taken very seriously and all Personal Data supplied is treated confidentially. We therefore have several security measures in place to try to protect against the loss, unauthorised use and corruption of any Personal Data that is under our control. We review our security and privacy policies regularly and improve them where it is reasonably possible to do so. We do not guarantee that loss, unauthorized use, corruption and/or alteration of information will never occur, but we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
- Please note that the input of data over the internet is never fully secure. We cannot, therefore, guarantee the security of data you submit via the app in transit over the internet and any such submission is at entirely your own risk. Please ensure that you never leave your device logged on or use the Services in a public place where others can potentially see your details
4. Edit and delete your information and preferences
- You can edit your profile page Personal Data at any time.
- You can re-sync your account with your Linkedin Account at any time.
- We will endeavour to correct any material error in your Personal Data that you make us aware of.
- You may delete your account by emailing us at email@example.com, verifying your password once more and confirming your choice to terminate the account. We may, however, retain certain aspects of your account and other Personal Data for the purposes of maintaining records of our dealings with you, analysis and/or statistics.
- Please note that:
- Information that you have shared with others and that others have shared about you is not part of your account and will not be deleted when you delete your account or request that information about you be deleted; and
- It may take up to 60 days to delete data stored in backup systems.
3. Sharing your Personal Data
- The Personal Data you provide us on the profile page, including your name, headshot, work experience and education, will be displayed to other users of the platform.
- The Personal Data you shared with us during registration, will not be displayed to other users of the platform.
- The Personal Data you provide us on the profile page, including your name, headshot, work experience and education, will be shared with the schools, whose communities you join on the app.
- We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Data about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except under the following circumstances:
- Responding to court orders, legal process, or to any legitimate request by authorities with which we must comply; and
2. How we use your Personal Data
- Personal Data and other details about you that you supply as part of the registration process or that are collected by us when you use the Services are used to provide you with the Services and information as set out in our Terms and Conditions. We will not use that information for any purpose other than as set out as part of the Services.
- We use information for general purposes to fulfil your requests for services, improve our services, contact you and, conduct research.
- We provide reporting on aggregated engagement metrics to the schools, whose communities you join on the app.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications, such as service announcements and administrative messages and other communications relating to our Service, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Your rights to opt-out of other types of communications will be unaffected.
1. How we collect Personal Data
- We collect Personal Data when you register for an account, when you populate your profile screen, when you use certain Services (including when you create or share, and message or communicate with others). This can include information in or about the content you provide or about how you use our Services, such as the types of content you view or engage with, the people and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them or the frequency and duration of your activities.
- When you register with us, we will ask you for and/or collect Personal Data directly, which includes the following: your name, email address, phone number
- When you populate your profile screen, we will ask you for and/or collect Personal Data directly (such as your headshot, work experience and education) or indirectly (through the “Sync with LinkedIn" option). Populating the profile screen is not
- If you registered with us through the “Sync with LinkedIn" option, you and agree that we may access and store information from your LinkedIn profile.
- Once you register with us and sign in to our Services, you are not anonymous to us.
The Personal Data you provide by using the Services is owned by you, and you may ask us to correct or delete any such information at any time, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information about how you can manage and delete information about you is set out in paragraph 4 below.
Privacy and confidentiality are a critical part of our Services. We take seriously how we collect, store and process your personal data. In line with our values, we want to be an engaged global community that shares ideas, experiences and networks. We treat Personal Data acquired from you seriously and make every effort to comply with our obligations under applicable privacy statutes, including the UK Data Protection Act (2018).